Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 4 - Tufts University and Emerson College

August 13

A.M.

Having checked in to and arrived at our hotel in Boston last night, we set out early for my first college tour in Boston for a Tufts info session and tour at 9:00 and 10:00.

First Impression: This is pretty, and is this actually an information session?!

^^ I'm feeling like I have to explain that.  I didn't have a giant reaction to the physical campus of Tufts, but the information session leader was really entertaining, so it made it feel less boring.

Stand-out points: The students and staff are nice and overall great, and there's a lot of pretty green space, distance to/from Boston

I seriously fell in love with Tufts University.  Even though the information session wasn't totally as informative and thorough as the one at Columbia, even just the tour was enough to make me want to go there right away.  The tour guide was SPECTACULAR, and he was interested in a lot of the same things I would be.



P.M.

Then we drove back into the heart of downtown Boston for an information session and tour at Emerson College at 12:00.  Emerson was actually really hard to find, as it's not a set aside campus, it's just a few buildings in downtown, and there isn't any dedicated parking.

First Impression: This is... small.  But interesting.

Stand-out points: The downtown setting, specialized majors (Writing, Literature, Publishing)

Honestly, I was really surprised by this school.  I liked some things that I didn't expect, and then some other things were kind of a turn off.  I'm thinking that this school would be really a challenge for me in many ways, but it was good to see that I actually didn't mind the city setting.

More colleges to follow tomorrow!  I'm also considering writing a full review for one or two of the colleges and putting them up while I have the down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment